Police Commemoration Day Observed in India on October 21st 2016
போலீஸ் நினைவு நாள்
- Police Commemoration Day was marked on 21.10.2016,Friday in different parts of the country. October 21 each year sees the nation remembering the sacrifices of the country's police forces especially those among them who lost their lives in line of duty.
- Rajnath Singh paid his respects to the brave policemen and applauded all those who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty. Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed gratitude and tweeted, "On Police Commemoration Day, proudly recalling the valour of all courageous police personnel who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty."
- October 21 every year is observed as Police Commemoration across the country as a mark of respect to the brave police martyrs who give supreme sacrifice in the line of duty every year. Around 471 police personnel have been martyred between September 2015 and August 2016 in various parts of the country.
The History of Police Commemoration Day
- The day is observed as the police commemoration day in respect of 10 CRPF personnel lead by SI Karam SIngh who was ambushed by Chinese troops on October 21, 1959 at Hot Springs in Ladakh.
- The Annual Conference of Inspectors General of Police of States and Union Territories held in January 1960 decided that 21st October will be observed as Commemoration Day in all Police Lines throughout India to mark the memory of these gallant personnel. Since 1961, more than 33,000 police personnel have sacrificed their lives for security of the nation and service to the society.