Current Affairs: POCSO e-box - Online Reporting of Child Sexual Abuse.
POCSO e-box is a platform where a child victim of sexual abuse can report such cases online
- POCSO e-box is a platform where a child victim of sexual abuse can report such cases online.
- It is initiative of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, for Direct online Reporting of Child Sexual Abuse.
- Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Sanjay Gandhi today launched Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses, POCSO e-box, in New Delhi.
- Minister of State for Women and Child Development Krishna Raj and other dignitaries were also present on the occasion.
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012
- In order to effectively address the heinous crimes of sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children through less ambiguous and more stringent legal provisions, the Ministry of Women and Child Development championed the introduction of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012.
- The Act defines a child as any person below eighteen years of age, and regards the best interests and well-being of the child as being of paramount importance at every stage, to ensure the healthy physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of the child.
Click Here for more Details On POCSO E-BoX