TNPSC Current Affairs: World Environment Day June 5, 2016
World Environment Day is observed every year on June 5 to raise global awareness to take positive environmental action to protect nature and the planet Earth. It is run by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). Since it began in 1974, it has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
- The theme for 2016 is "fight against the illegal trade in wildlife”.
- Angola is the host country of this year 2016.
- It is celebrated to make aware the common public about the environmental issues.
- Encourage common people from different society and communities to actively participate in the celebration as well as become an active agent in developing environmental safety measures.
- Let them know that community people are very essential to inhibit negative changes towards the environmental issues.
- Encourage people to make their nearby surroundings safe and clean to enjoy safer, cleaner and more prosperous future.