US CONSULATE GENERAL, CHENNAI is Seeking INFORMATION SPECIALIST, Apply Before 30.03.2016
American Consulate General, Chennai
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
Vacancy Announcement Number: CHE-PSAP-2016-06
POSITION TITLE: Information Specialist (#:730001)
OPENING DATE: March 14, 2016
CLOSING DATE: March 30, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR) - Grade: FSN-10 Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) - Grade: FP-05 (steps 5 thru 14) Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington
- Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in mass communications/ journalism/ marketing/ public relations is required.
- Seven years of progressive work experience with minimum 6 month of experience with supervisory responsibilities in a media-related professional environment public relations, advertising, journalism, digital engagement, etc.
- English: Level IV (fluency) in Speaking, level IV in Reading, level IV in Writing.
- Tamil/Kannada/Malayalam: Level IV (fluency) in Speaking, level IV in Reading. (When applying for the position, please indicate your level of proficiency in the languages).
- Concise, persuasive, and fluent writing in English; ability to edit others’ writing is essential.