Hosting of FIFA Under-17 World Cup 2017 in India
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for the following decisions with regard to holding of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Under-17 World Cup to be held in India in 2017:
- The venues are as under:
1. JLN Stadium, New Delhi
2. D.Y. Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai
3. JLN Stadium, Kochi
4. Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata
5. JLN Stadium, Fatorda Goa
6. I.G. Stadium Guwahati
- A Committee comprising of Secretary, Department of Sports, DG, SAI and Financial Adviser, Deptt. of Sports has been authorized to make necessary adjustments for any changes in venues to remove difficulties in consultation with All India Football Federation (AIFF) /FIFA.
- Expenditure towards overlays and equipment including display boards, etc. may be incurred. The total cost, however, will be within Rs.95 crore as approved earlier.
- In the eventuality of any additional requirement of funds, Department of Sports will take up the matter with the Department of Expenditure.
- The Sports Ministry has been authorized to constitute Organizing Committee, for conduct of the event.