Tnpsc Daily Current Affairs June 25-30, 2017 (English)
TNPSC Current Affairs June 25th to 30th 2017 in English PDF Format, for forthcoming TNPSC, TRB, TET, TN Police Examinations, Covers International Affairs, National Affairs, State Affairs, Tamil Nadu Affairs, Environmental Affairs, Sports Affairs and Important days. Download this file to PDF format.
Sharjah city has been designated as the UNESCO World Book Capital 2019
- Sharjah, the city of United Arab Emirates (UAE), has been designated as the UNESCO World Book Capital 2019 by Irina Bokova, the Director-General of UNESCO, at the Headquarters of the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) at La Haye.
- Sharjah is the 19th city to become World Book Capital. It is preceded by Conakry in 2017 and Athens in 2018.
Kaushik Basu, the new President of International Economic Association (IEA)
- Kaushik Basu, an Indian economist, has taken over as new President of the International Economic Association (IEA) on June 23, 2017 and will serve the post for 3-years.
India’s ranked 93rd in the 2017 Social Progress Index (SPI)
- India has been ranked 93rd out of 128 countries in the 2017 Social Progress Index (SPI). The list is topped by Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.
- The SPI is an aggregate index of social and environmental indicators that capture three dimensions of social progress: Basic Human Needs, Foundations of Wellbeing, and Opportunity.
Mihai Tudose, appointed as the new Prime Minister of Romania
- Mihai Tudose, the former economy minister, has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Romania and is expected to take office on June 29, 2017.
Palbinder Kaur Shergill-the first turbaned Sikh woman to be appointed as Canada’s Supreme Court judge
- The Indian-origin Sikh human rights advocate, Palbinder Kaur Shergill has been appointed a judge at the Supreme Court of British Columbia in New Westminster. With this, she has become the first turbaned Sikh woman to be appointed as a Supreme Court judge of Canada.
Bhumika Sharma won the 2017 Miss World in BodyBuilding title
- Bhumika Sharma from Uttarakhand has won the 2017 Miss World title in BodyBuilding Championship in Venice, Italy. She gained maximum points in three categories – individual posing, body posing and fall in that bagged her the Miss World title.
ECI has colloborated with "Facebook" to launch nationwide “Voter Registration Reminder”
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has collaborated with Facebook to launch first Nationwide “Voter Registration Reminder” on July 1, 2017 to encourage Indian citizens to register themselves on the electoral rolls.
Rajesh V Shah appointed as the new chairman of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Rajesh V Shah has been appointed as the new chairman of the board of governors of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) and will be in charge till March 31, 2019.
Surya Prakash, the author of the book “The Emergency-Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour”
- The book titled ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’ has been authored by Surya Prakash, the chairman of Prasar Bharati.
- The book has recently launched by Union Minister for Urban Development M Venkaiah Naidu in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
N N Vohra appointed as the new President of the India International Centre (IIC)
- Narinder Nath Vohra, the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), has been appointed as the new President of the India International Centre (IIC), which is one of the premier cultural institutions in the country.
Manushi Chhillar has become the 2017 Femina Miss India World
- Manushi Chhillar from Haryana has won the 54th edition of Femina Miss India World 2017 at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai, Maharashtra on June 25, 2017.
- Sana Dua from Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) was declared the Femina Miss India Earth 2017, while Priyanka Kumari from Bihar adjudged as Femina Miss India Grand 2017.
K Kasturirangan committee has been constituted to draft the final National Education Policy (NEP) document
- The Union ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has appointed a new nine-member committee to work on a new National Education Policy (NEP).
- The former ISRO chief Dr. K Kasturirangan will head the committee on NEP. The committee also includes former IAS officer KJ Alphonse and Ram Shanker Kureel, who has a wide experience in the field of agricultural sciences and management.
‘Sultan’ Indian movie has won the Best Action Movie award at the SIFF
- Indian film ‘Sultan’ has won the best action movie award at the Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF). The movie is about Desi, Indian wrestling and its raw power. It was directed by Ali Aabbas Zafar.
International MSME Day 2017 - June 27
The International Trade Centre (ITC) has celebrated the first-ever International MSME Day on June 27, 2017 with theme ‘Small business – big impact’. The purpose of the day is to raise public awareness about the importance of MSMEs to economic growth and international development.
2017 International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking - June 26
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every year on June 26 across the world to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of an international society free of drug abuse.
- The 2017 theme is “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe “.
2017 theme of International Day of Seafarer - June 25
- The International Day of Seafarer is observed every year on June 25 to give thanks to the Seafarer for their contribution to the world economy and civil society as 90% of worlds goods are transported by Seafarer. The 2017 theme is “Seafarers Matter”.
Odisha is hosting the 2017 Asian Athletics Championships
- The 22nd edition of the Asian Athletics Championships (AAC-2017) will be held at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha from July 6 to 9, 2017.
"Dhanraj Pillay" conferred with the East Bengal football club’s highest honour “Bharat Gaurav”
- Former India hockey captain Dhanraj Pillay will be conferred with the East Bengal football club’s highest honour “Bharat Gaurav” on their foundation day. The ceremony will be held on August 1, 2017.
Rajeev Shukla committee constituted by BCCI to study contentious issues in implementing Lodha panel reforms
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has constituted a special 7-member committee headed by Rajeev Shukla, to study contentious issues in implementing Lodha panel reforms which are being opposed by the state units.
P V Sindhu will be conferred with the best Sportsperson of the Year Award by the SJFI
- P V Sindhu, an ace shuttler and Rio Olympics silver medallist, will be conferred with the best Sportsperson of the Year Award by the Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI).
- The Best Team of the Year award was bagged by the Indian Junior Hockey Team, which won the Junior World Cup title by defeating Belgium 2-1 in the final in Lucknow on December 2016.
Roger Federer, won the 2017 Gerry Weber Open tennis tournament
- Roger Federer, a Swiss professional tennis player, has won the 2017 Gerry Weber Open tennis tournament by defeating Alexander Zverev in final by 6-1 6-3 at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle, Germany.
Ankush Dahiya won gold in the 60kg category at the 2017 Ulaanbaatar Cup boxing tournament
- Ankush Dahiya (60kg) from India has won a gold medal at the Ulaanbaatar Cup boxing tournament by defeating Man Choe Chol of Korea in his category in Mongolia.
Srinivas Gokulnath become the first Indian to complete the 4,900-km Race Across America (RAAM)
- Dr. Srinivas Gokulnath from Maharashtra has created history by becoming the first Indian to complete the 4,900-km Race Across America (RAAM) in solo 18-59 age category, which is considered to be the toughest cycle race in the world.
- He completed the race in 11 days, 18 hours and 45 minutes. Not only Gokunath but another Indian from Maharashtra, Dr Amit Samarth of Nagpur, crossed the finish line at Annapolis on American east coast.
Kidambi Srikanth won the 2017 Australian Open Super Series Badminton trophy
- Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has won the Australian Open Super Series Badminton trophy by defeating former world number one and Rio Olympics Gold medalist Chen Long in the final by 22-20, 21-16 in Sydney on June 25. 2017.
Yashaswini Singh Deswal and Anish Bhanwala wins gold ISSF Junior World Rifle Championship
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal from Chandigarh has bagged gold in the Women’s 10m Air Pistol competition at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Rifle/Pistol Championship in Suhl, Germany.
- Beside her, Anish Bhanwala has clinched gold in the Men’s 25m Standard Pistol competition in the championship.