Tnpsc Current Affairs June 06, 2017 (English) - Download PDF
Read Tnpsc Current Affairs June 06th, 2017
The Second MI Ministerial to be Held June 7-8, 2017 in Beijing
On 7–8 June 2017, the second Mission Innovation Ministerial (MI-2) will take place in Beijing, China.MI-2 will bring together energy ministers and other representatives from MI member countries to share knowledge and collaborate on priorities for clean energy innovation.
- This event will include ministerial working sessions, opportunities for high-profile announcements, Innovation Challenge discussions, and a series of side events. MI-2 will be co-located with the eighth Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM8).
- While MI focuses on breakthrough research and development for the new technologies of tomorrow, the Clean Energy Ministerial focuses on scaling the deployment of clean energy technologies and solutions that are available today.
06 Arab Nations Cut Diplomatic Ties with Qatar
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Yemen, Libya and UAE have suspended their diplomatic ties with Qatar. All the six countries have announced that they would withdraw their diplomatic staff from Qatar and eject Qatar’s diplomats from their territories. They have also planned to cut air and sea traffic.
India Signs Loan Agreement with the World Bank for for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery”
- An agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project “Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery” was signed here today. Loan agreement was signed by Shri Raj Kumar, Joint Secretary (MI), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Manager, Operations (India) on behalf of the World Bank.
- The Implementing Entity Agreement was signed by the Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Assam, on behalf of Government of Assam, and the Country Director (India) on behalf of the World Bank.
S.S. Ahluwalia leads Indian Parliamentary Delegation to Israel
“The Holocaust Memorial Museum is a living symbol of forbearance and a warning to future generations that such instances should never make their way into human history”, says Shri S.S. Ahluwalia. Delegation makes Field Visits to witness Israel’s latest technological innovations including autonomous car technology and latest water solutions for precision farming
2017 World Environment Day (WED) - June 5
The World Environment Day (WED) is observed every year on June 5 to raise awareness about forests and wider issues of environmental protection. The 2017 theme is ‘Connecting People to Nature’. It implores us to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share. The host country for the WED 2017 is Canada, where the official celebrations take place.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on June 4
The United Nations’ (UN) International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed every year on June 4 to acknowledge the pain suffered by children throughout the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. It is a time for people all over the world to become aware of the impact of monstrosity of abuse, in all its forms, against children.
ISRO successfully launched GSAT-19 communication satellite through GSLV-Mk III D-1
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched its 3136 kg GSAT-19 communication satellite with its brand new and heaviest – Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III D-1 (GSLV-Mk III D-1) satellite into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on June 5, 2017.
- The satellite GSAT-19 has an intended life span of 10 years and is developed to improve telecommunication and broadcasting areas. The GSLV-Mk III is popularly known as “fat boy” and is developed for 15 years at a cost of around Rs 300 crore. The rocket is capable of carrying payloads of up to 4,000 kg into the GTO and 10,000 kg into the Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
- The GSLV-Mk III is a three stage rocket. Its first stage is made of two strap on motors filled with solid fuel. The second stage uses the liquid fuel and the third is the cryogenic upper stage “C25”, which is powered by the highly complex indigenous cryogenic engine “CE20”. The number 20 denotes the 20-ton thrust it generates for the rocket to reach the intended height with the heavy mass on board.
Handbook, Module & Guidelines on Safe Childhood Programme for Gram Panchayats Released
- A Handbook along with Module & Guidelines on protection of Child Rights at Gram Panchayat level was released jointly by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), Ministry of Panchayati Raj and UNICEF at New Delhi on 6.6.2017.
- The Handbook, Module & Guidelines will be useful for the functionaries of the Panchayati Raj Institutions in protecting the rights of children at the village level.
Ranjit Kumar will be the new Solicitor General of India
- Ranjit Kumar is the present Solicitor General of India, whose tenure has been extended by the Government of India (GoI). Beside this, the terms of Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi and five other senior law officers have also been extended.
- The Additional Solicitor Generals who have been given extension for an indefinite period are Pinky Anand, Maninder Singh, P S Patwalia, Tushar Mehta and P S Narsimha. The Attorney General, along with the Solicitor General and Additional Solicitor General, represents the government in various courts and tender legal advice on complex issues.
India’s GDP growth rate in 2018 is 7.5%, as per World Bank’s GEP report
The World Bank (WB) in its latest report “Global Economic Prospects (GEP)” has projected India’s GDP growth rate at 7.5% in 2018 and 7.7% in 2019. As per the report, the World Bank has also projected a strong 7.2% growth rate for India in FY 2017 against 6.8% growth in 2016, as India is recovering from the temporary adverse effects of demonetisation. However, World Bank has maintained its forecast for global growth in 2017 and 2018 unchanged at 2.7% and 2.9% respectively, as manufacturing and trade are picking up and confidence is improving.
India topped the 2017 A.T. Kearney Global Retail Development Index (GRDI)
- India has acquired the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business at the 2017 A.T. Kearney Global Retail Development Index (GRDI). The 2017 GRDI titled “The Age of Focus” ranked China at second place, followed by Malaysia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Vietnam.
- The 16th edition of GRDI ranked top 30 developing countries for retail investment worldwide and analyzed 25 macroeconomic and retail-specific variables to help retailers devise successful global strategies to identify emerging market investment opportunities.
India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative “Trin Trin” launched in Mysuru, Karnataka
- India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative has launched in Mysuru, Karnataka on June 4, 2017.
- The cost of the project, partly funded by World Bank’s Global Environmental Facility, for the next six years is Rs 20.5 crore, covering the maintenance of the docking stations and bicycles. About 450 bicycles will be available for public use in the city.
TRAI launched three mobile Apps to provide consumer friendly monitoring facility
- TRAI launched three mobile Apps, an upgraded official website and a portal in New Delhi with a target to provide consumer friendly monitoring facility.
- The three Apps, namely Mycall App, Myspeed App and Do Not Disturb have been launched with a view to help mobile phone users rate their experience about voice call quality in real time.
Union Government to implement India’s first Rural LED Street Lighting Project in Andhra Pradesh
Union Government, through the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power, would be retrofitting 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lights in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in Andhra Pradesh.This is the first project for rural LED street lighting in the country under the Government of India’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP).
- In the first phase, the replacement will be undertaken in gram panchayats of the districts of Guntur, Prakasham, Nellore, Kurnool, Kadapa, Ananthapur and Chittoor.This replacement drive in rural areas will help the gram panchayats to cumulatively save approximately 147 million units of electricity annually and lead to reduction of 12 crore tonnes of CO2.
- Habibganj railway station in the suburbs of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh will become country’s first railway station to be redeveloped in a public-private partnership (PPP) mode. On June 9, station redevelopment work in the railway station will be launched by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. The idea is to develop Habibganj railway station as a as a world-class transit hub equipped with all amenities.
India’s biodiversity riches increases by 499 species June 6, 2017
According to the Animal Discoveries 2016, New Species and Records, brought out by the Zoological Survey of India and Plant Discoveries 2016, by the Botanical Survey of India, 499 new species have been discovered from various parts of the country last year.
- Of the new discoveries, 258 are invertebrates and 55 are vertebrates. Around 97 are insects, 27 are fish, 12 are amphibians, 10 are Platyhelminthes, nine are Crustacea, six species of reptiles, 61 species of moths and butterflies and 38 of beetles.
- The new species are known to occur in the four biological hotspots of the country, namely, the Himalayas, the northeast, the Western Ghats and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. As per the Animal Discoveries 2016, the number of animal species in the country for the first time has crossed one lakh to number 1,00,693.
- Till last year, the number of animal species in India was 97,514. India is one of the 17 megadiversity countries and is home to 6.42% of the global fauna.
Bhamidipati Sai Praneeth wins the 2017 Thailand Grand Prix Gold badminton men’s singles title
Bhamidipati Sai Praneeth from India has won the Men’s Singles Crown in the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament by defeating Indonesia’s Jonatan Christie in a tough three-game final on June 4, 2017 in Bangkok. This is the first Grand Prix Gold title for Sai Praneeth.
Real Madrid football club won the 2017 UEFA Champions League trophy 2017
- Real Madrid has won the 2017 UEFA Champions League football competition by defeating Juventus 4–1 in the final. This is the first time in UEFA Champions League a team won consecutive seasons.
- Real Madrid became the first team in the UEFA Champions League era to successfully defend their title. Real Madrid is a professional football club based in Madrid, Spain.
India's Ramkumar Ramanathan wins ITF men's Futures tennis title 2017
- India's Ramkumar Ramanathan lifted the ITF men's Futures tennis title after outplaying Raymond Sarmiento of the USA in straight sets in Singapore. The top seeded Indian beat the second seeded player 6-2, 6-2 in the final of event last night.
- It was the first title of the season for Ramkumar. A regular in India's Davis Cup team, Ramkumar had recently competed in the qualifying event of the French Open but failed to make it to the main round of the Grand Slam tournament.
Useful Download Links: