The PMSMA Scheme to Improve Health Facilities for Pregnant Women
J P Nadda launched Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan
- Union Health Minister J P Nadda (4.11.2016) launched Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan in New Delhi to improve health care facilities for pregnant women.
- Under the scheme, pregnant ladies will be given free health check-up and required treatment free of cost on 9th of every month. The scheme will be applicable for pregnant women in all Government hospitals across the country.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Nadda said, urged doctors of private hospitals to visit government hospitals for routine check up of prospective mothers. He requested the media to publicized the initiative so that large number of women can get benefits. On the occasion, the Health Minister launched a a web portal and also a mobile app on the safe motherhood.
The Scheme PMSMA
- The scheme is applicable only to the women in their pregnancy period of 3 to 6 months. The women who are not fromm urban areas and belong to semi urban, poor and rural areas will be given preferences under the Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan.
- The scheme is applicable only for the pregnant women.
- The free checkup will take place on 9th of every month.
- All kinds of medical checkups under this scheme will be completely free.
- Tests will took place at the medical centers, government and private hospitals and private clinics across the country.
- Women will be marked differently based on their health problems so that doctors can easily detect the problem.