TNPSC Exams Eligibility Qualifications 2017
1. TNPSC Exams - The Complete List
- TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission) is an independent Constitutional body. The Governor of the State appoints the Chairman and Members of the Service Commission. The constituents of the Commission are the Chairman and Members.
- The policy matters and the duties referred below are performed by the Commission as a whole. The Commission has a Controller of Examination and a Secretary to assist in the discharge of its duties. The Controller of Examinations is incharge of the conduct of examinations, evaluations etc. The Secretary is incharge of the administration conduct of oral test, counselling etc and also assists the Chairman and the Commission.
- Article 320 (1) of the Constitution of India empowers the Commission to conduct examinations for appointment by direct recruitment to the services of the State. The Oral Test Department deals with the selection of candidates for appointment by direct recruitment to various posts, the selection process of which consists of both Written Examination and Oral Test.
The functions / duties of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission are:
- To conduct examinations for appointment to State/Subordinate services within its purview.
- The Government should consult the Commission on all matters relating to the recruitments to the Civil Services in the state and on the principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services and posts, and while making promotions and transfers from one services to another, the suitability of candidates in the aforesaid promotions and transfers and on disciplinary matters affecting the employees serving in the State Government in non-judicial capacity including memorials petitions relating to such matters.
The following are the various Posts / Services made by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
1. Group-I Services
1. Deputy Collector
2. Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category–I)
3. District Registrar, Registration Department
4. Assistant Director of Rural Development Department (Panchayat) / Personal Assistant (Development) to Collector
5. District Employment Officer
6. Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue Services
7. Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) 8. Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
2. Group I A Services
- Assistant Conservator of Forests
- Assistant Commissioner, H.R. & C.E
- District Educational Officer
1. Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
2. Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II
3. Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled)
4. Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled)
5. Sub-Registrar, Grade-II
6. Assistant Inspector of Labour
7. Assistant Section Officer (Other than Law and Finance Department)
8. Assistant Section Officer (Law Department)
9. Assistant Section Officer (Finance Department)
10. Assistant Section Officer in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
11. Assistant Section Officer-cum-Programmer
12. Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
13. Probation Officer, Social Defence
14. Probation Officer, Prison Department
15. Industrial Co-operative Officer, Industries Commissioner and Director of Industries and Commerce
16. Women Welfare Officer, Social Defence
17. Deputy Inspector of Survey Director of Survey and Settlements
18. Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Reg.Co-op Scty
19. Receptionist, Thamizhagam Guest House, Udhagamandalam
20. Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives Industrial Commissioner and Director of Industries and Commerce Department
21. Project Assistant Adi-Dravidar and Tribal Welfare Department
22. Audit Inspector in the Audit wing Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department
23. Assistant Inspector of Local Fund Audit Department and Internal Audit Department
24. Supervisor / Senior Clerk / Head Accountant / Junior Superintendent in the Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing Subordinate Service
25. Assistant Jailor, Prison Department
26. Assistant in Revenue Department
27. Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department
28. Special Assistant in DVAC
29. Handloom Inspector
30. Special Branch Assistant in Intelligence Wing of Police Dept.
31. Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Milk Production and Dairy Development
32. Assistant Inspector of Labour
33. Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch in Highways Dept.
6. Combined Civil Services Examination-II - (Group-II A Services) (Non-Interview post)
1. Accountant in the Treasuries and Accounts Department
2. Junior Co-operative Auditor
3. Assistant in Secretariat (Other than Law and Finance)
4. Junior Technical Assistant, Civil Supplies Department
5. Personal Clerk (Other than Law and Finance Department)
6. Personal Clerk (Law Department)
7. Personal Clerk (Finance Department)
8. Personal Clerk in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
9. Personal Clerk, Tamil Nadu State Planning Commission
10. Steno-Typist in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
11. Assistant in various departments Commissioner of
- Revenue Administration,
- Industries and Commerce,
- Medical and Rural Health Services,
- Registration, Transport, Prison, Police,
- Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection,
- Land Administration, Land Reforms, Fisheries, PWD,
- Technical Education, Backward Classes, Labour, Employment and Training,
- Commercial Taxes,
- Highways and Rural Development and Panchayat Raj,
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine,
- Archives and Historical Research, Forest,
- H.R & C.E., Social Defence, NCC., Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services,
- Vigilance & Anti Corruption Dept., Information and Public Relation, School Education.
13. Assistant in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
14. Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly, Secretariat
15. Planning Junior Assistant
16. Receptionist (Small Savings Department)
17. Assistant in Law Department 18 Assistant in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
7. Combined Civil Services-III - Group-III Services
- Station Fire Officer
1. Junior Inspector of Co-operative Societies
2. Assistant Supervisor of Industrial Co-operative Societies
3. Store Keeper in Employment and Training (Training wing) Department .
4. Store-Keeper, Grade-II in Industries and Commerce Department
9. Group-IV Services
1. Junior Assistant (Security & Non-Security)
2. Bill Collector
3. Typist 4. Steno-Typist, Grade-III
5. Field Surveyor
10. Group-V A Services
- Assistant in Secretariat (Recruitment by transfer) (Other than Law and Finance Department)
- Forest Apprentice
- Executive Officer, Grade-I
- Executive Officer, Grade-III
- Executive Officer, Grade-IV
- With each passing year, more and more candidates have been enrolling themselves to take up the challenges of this exam. The written tests are conducted at specified centers as mentioned in the list that is brought out by the government from time to time and is held on specific dates. The youths of the state have been immensely benefited from it, since they are now in a position to have an excellent career on the successful qualification of the TNPSC Exam.
- The positions that are offered through the TNPSC Group 2 General Tamil & Knowledge Exam Books are highly prestigious and the perks and benefits excellent, the reason why, candidates are required to study very hard and put in plenty of dedication and efforts for qualifying it. Such jobs are termed to be much more secure than other jobs in the country. However, it is quite true that this exam is very much competitive in nature and also tough. There are numerous books available in the leading stores and online sites, which when purchased can assist the candidate to study for the exam. It is very much important for the individual to take the exam very seriously and to study the book thoroughly and also make use of references so as to make this exam to appear a bit easier. Practicing regularly and putting in the right effort can lead the aspirant towards the desired direction. The books do act as a wonderful guide and offers all solutions that would be needed to take on the challenges of the exam.
- The candidate should not take it lightly. He/she is to know about the eligibility criteria, the important dates, the syllabus and all essential details in regards to the examination.
- These are present on different job sites. One can find them on leading employment newspapers. On qualifying the written exams, the candidate is then called for the interview, where he would be asked relevant questions.
- Final selection of the candidate is done based upon the performance in interviews. Also, the candidate is to prepare for personal interview and group discussion rounds. Since there would be other candidates around who would make it to the other level, the candidate should be smart and knowledgeable enough to out beat them for getting the position.
- Candidates who are eager to sit for the TNPSC competitive exam can prepare for it, by taking help from the books that are easily available. Also they can study from the solved question guides that can be purchased from the leading online stores. These books do not merely provide knowledge on the subjects, but also offer ample guidance to the students as to how they can successfully qualify this tough examination.