Current Affairs: India Wins Kabaddi World Cup 2016
India's third Kabaddi World Cup TitleIndia lifts Kabaddi world cup 2016
- India defeated Iran by a margin of 38-29 in the final to win their third Kabaddi World Cup. India staged a heroic comeback in the second half to beat Iran and lift the World Cup for third time in a row in 2016 Kabaddi World Cup final held at 22.10.2016 in Ahmedabad, India.
2016 Kabaddi World Cup Standings
- Winner - India (Third Title, 2004, 2007 and 2016)
- Runner-up - Iran
- Third Place - South Korea
- Fourth Place - Thiland
About 2016 Kabaddi World Cup
- The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup, the third standard-style Kabaddi World Cup, was an international kabaddi tournament governed by the International Kabaddi Federation, contested from 7 to 22 October 2016 in Ahmedabad, India. Twelve countries had competed in the tournament.
- The tournament is being hosted at The Arena (currently known as The Arena by TransStadia, pending the sale of official naming rights), a newly-constructed convertible stadium in Ahmedabad. In its standard configuration, it operates as an outdoor football pitch capable of seating 20,000.
- The venue utilizes technology licensed from the British firm StadiArena, which allows a portion of the field to be partitioned into a 4,000-seat indoor arena, which is used for the tournament. The venue is a public-private partnership with India's Department of Tourism