Current Affairs: First BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition in Delhi
BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition 2016
- The first BRICS Trade Fair and Exhibition began in the national capital on 12.10.2016, ahead of the BRICS political summit in Goa.
- The fair is a platform for respective BRICS countries, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa to exhibit state-of-the-art technologies and advances made in industrial development.
- The focus of the three day fair (12.102016-14.10.2016) is to showcase some of the best technologies available across BRICS nations to address BRICS countries main development challenges. It will also focus on Start-ups, to bring together young entrepreneurs from across BRICS nations on this platform.
- The trade fair is showcasing about 20 key sectors. These include aerospace, agro-processing, auto and auto components, health care and pharmaceuticals, railways, infrastructure, tourism, gems and jewellery and skill development.
- Intra-BRICS trade grew to 297 billion US dollar in 2014, from 281 billion US dollar in 2012. The BRICS Business Forum, will be held tomorrow and over one thousand business delegates will participate from from all BRICS countries.