Current Affairs: Gujarat's 'Rani ki Vav' Cleanest Monument in Country
'Rani ki Vav'- Step well, Patan, Gujrat - Cleanest Monument in Country
'Rani ki Vav'- Step well, Patan, Gujrat
- Gujarat has earned the pride of having cleanest monument in the country. World heritage site 'Rani ki Vav' is a step well in Patan district.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will give award to the managers of this site on September 30 for its wonderful efforts in keeping it very clean.
- There were eleven monuments and six tourist places out of which 'Rani ki Vav' won. No construction is allowed here around the site and it is maintained as very clean inside and outside also. Not only Locals and Indian tourists but foreign tourists also visit 'Rani ki Vav'.
- Its clean premises make all Indians proud that we also offer same degree of cleanliness to them as we see when we go to foreign countries. It truly proves that my country is changing and makes us feel proud.
The Construction of 'Rani ki Vav'
- These beautiful visuals are of 'Rani ki Vav'- It means step well of Queen. Situated in Patan district around 100 kilometers from Gujarat's capital Gandhinagar, this site was declared World heritage site two years back in June 2014.
- 'Rani Ki Vav' is an intricately constructed stepwell on the banks of Saraswati river. It was built as a memorial to an 11th century AD king Bhimdev. Even Taj Mahal lost out to this Vav due to smaller approach area.