Current Affairs: Sakshi Malik - First Indian Women Wrestler to win an Olympic Medal
India's Sakshi Malik wins bronze in Rio Olympics
Sakshi Malik wins Bronze medal in Wrestling 58kg
- India's Sakshi Malik has won a bronze medal in the wrestling 58kg category after beating Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan 8-5 in the bronze medal bout.
- Freestyle wrestler Sakshi Malik has ended India's wait of its first medal of the Rio Olympics.
- The 23-year old Haryana girl bagged the Bronze medal, early this morning (18.08.2016), in the 58 kg weight class.
- Trailing 0-5, Sakshi displayed exceptional skills to win the match, 8-5, in the final seconds and become the first ever Indian woman grappler to win an Olympic medal.
- Sakshi is only fourth Indian woman athlete to win an Olympic medal after Karnam Malleshwari, Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal.
- Apart from winning India's first medal at these Olympics, Malik also became the first Indian women wrestler to win an Olympic medal.