Current Affairs: Usain Bolt - Fastest Man Alive on the Planet
Usain Bolt wins 100 meters Final in Rio Olympics 2016, retains title of "Fastest Man Alive".
Three Gold Medal Consecutive Olympics
- Bolt won the 100m Final of Rio Olympics, to have the third Olympic Gold medal in the event, an unprecedented feat. In his Final appearance in an Olympic, the reigning World Champion sprinted to glory as he recorded his season best time of 9.81 seconds.
- In the beginning of the race his long time rival American Sprinter Justin Gatlin looked ahead till 50m, but Bolt's secret weapon his all out burst in the last stretch spearheaded him to the finish line as Gatlin settled for a Silver with a time of 9.89 seconds, and Canada's Andre De Grasse finishing third with 9.91 seconds to his name.
- Usain Bolt has all the sprinting world record to his name including the 100m, 200m and 4x100m. With 2 Gold medal in each event he is trying to achieve 'Triple Treble'.
About Usain Bolt:
- Usain St. Leo Bolt, is a Jamaican sprinter. Regarded as the fastest person ever timed, he is the first man to hold both the 100 metres and 200 metres world records since fully automatic time became mandatory. He also holds the world record in the 4 × 100 metres relay. He is the reigning World and Olympic champion in these three events.
- Bolt gained worldwide popularity for his double sprint victory at the 2008 Beijing Olympics in world record times. He later became the first man at the Olympic Games to win six gold medals for sprinting. He was the first to win consecutive Olympic 100 m and 200 mtitles (2008 and 2012). At the 2016 Summer Olympics he became the first track athlete in Olympic history to win three gold medals in one discipline, with his win in the 100 m sprint.