Current Affairs: National Sports Day: National Sports Awards 2016 Given
National Sports Day
- National sports day is celebrated to honor legendary hockey player, Major Dhyan Chand Singh who was born on 29th August, 1905.
National Sports Awards 2016
- President Pranab Mukherjee (29.08.2016) give away the national sports awards at Rashtrapati Bhawan on the occasion of National Sports Day.
- On the eve of National Sports Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met P V Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar and Jitu Rai at his residence in New Delhi.
- He also met the Khel Ratna awardees, Dhyan Chand awardees, Dronacharya awardees, and Tenzing Norgay awardees.
- PV Sindhu (badminton),
- Dipa Karmakar (gymnastics),
- Jitu Rai (shooting) and
- Sakshi Malik (wrestling).
- Nagapuri Ramesh (athletics),
- Sagar Mal Dhayal (boxing),
- Raj Kumar Sharma (cricket),
- Bishweshwar Nandi (gymnastics),
- S Pradeep Kumar (swimming, lifetime) and
- Mahabir Singh (wrestling, lifetime).
- Rajat Chauhan (archery),
- Lalita Babar (athletics),
- Sourav Kothari (billiards and snooker),
- Shiva Thapa (boxing),
- Ajinkya Rahane (cricket),
- Subrata Paul (football),
- Rani (hockey), V
- R Raghunath (hockey),
- Gurpreet Singh (shooting),
- Apurvi Chandela (shooting),
- Soumyajit Ghosh (table tennis),
- Vinesh (wrestling),
- Amit Kumar (wrestling),
- Sandeep Singh Mann (para-athletics), V
- irender Singh (wrestling, deaf).
- Satti Geetha (athletics),
- Sylvanus Dung Dung (hockey),
- Rajendra Pralhad Shelke (rowing).
- P. Rajkumar (Sky Diving)
Rashtriya Khel Protsahana Purushkar 2016:
Category Entity recommended for Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar, 2016:
- Hockey Citizen Group,
- Dadar Parsee Zorostrian cricket club,
- Usha School of Athletics, STAIRS.
- India Infrastructure Finance Corporate Limited.
- Reserve Bank of India.
- Subroto Mukherjee Sports Education Society.
- Punjabi University, Patiala.