Current Affairs: Japan's Tokyo Hosts 2020 Olympics & 2020 Paralympics Olympics
Japan's Tokyo Hosts 2020 Olympics & 2020 Paralympics Olympics
2020 Olympics, Tokyo, Japan
- The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and commonly known as Tokyo 2020, is a major international multi-sport event due to be celebrated in the tradition of the Olympic Games as governed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
- The games are planned to be held from 24 July to 9 August 2020 in Tokyo. The city was announced as the host at the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires on 7 September 2013.
2020 Paralympics Olympics, Tokyo, Japan
- The 2020 Summer Paralympics the sixteenth Summer Paralympic Games, are an upcoming major international multi-sport event for athletes with disabilities governed by the International Paralympic Committee, to be held in Tokyo, Japan from 25 August to 6 September 2020.
- This will mark the second time Tokyo has hosted the Paralympics, as they were first hosted there in 1964 alongside the 1964 Summer Olympics.
- These Games will see the introduction of badminton and Taekwondo to the Paralympic Programme, with the removal of Sailing and 7-a-side Football.