TNPSC History: 6th Standard Notes - Prehistoric Period (Part 2)
TNPSC History Notes - 6th Standard - Prehistoric Period -2
2. New Stone Age (Neolithic Age)
- In this age he used to polished, carved, sharp stone weapons. Wheel was invented. Copper was the first metal used by him.
- Agriculture was their occupation. Axes, Handles made out of bones, fishing hooks, needle and chopper were in use.
- In this stone age they had the practice of burying the dead. Urns were used to bury along with their tamed animals in the front yard of the animals.
- Places where New Stone Age weapons were found in Tamil Nadu: Tirunelveli, Thandikkudi, Pudukottai, Tiruchirappalli and Salem.
3. Copper Age (Chalcolithic Age)
In this age man came to know the use of copper. He made tools out of copper as well as small stones. so this age is known as Chalcolithic Age. They drew colourful pictures with geometrical patterns on the pots they used. The harappan culture belonged to this age.
4. Iron Age:
The tools were made up of iron was called Iron Age. Household articles and agricultural implements made out of iron. Vedic period belonged to the iron age.
1. Iron+Chromium = Stainless Steel
2. Copper + Lead = Bronze
3. Copper + Zinc = Brass
4. Iron + Manganese = Steel
Important Questions and Answers:
1. Pre-History Means
a) Period having written evidences
b) Period having no written evidences
c) Period which have all the three evidences like time, place and events.
Answer: c) Period which have all the three evidences like time, place and events.
2. Old Stone Age people
a) Wore cotton clothes
b) Wore leaves, barks, of trees, and skin of animals
c) Wore Woolen clothes
Answer: b) Wore leaves, barks, of trees, and skin of animals
3. The first animal tamed by primitive man was
Answer: c) Dog
Match the Following (Matched)
1. Tamil Nadu - Attirampakkam
2. Andhra Pradesh - Kurnool
3. Madhya Pradesh - Pimnetka
4. Karnataka - Pagalghat
5. Rajasthan - Luni Valley