GATIMAAN EXPRESS: The First Fastest Train in India.
Gatimaan Express is a proposed Semi-High Speed Train that will run between New Delhi and Agra at a speed of about 160 km/h (99 mph), and the fastest train in India. To be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from New Delhi station on 05 April, 2016.
- It will be faster than Delhi-Bhopal New Delhi Habibganj Shatabdi Express, whose top speed is 155 km/h (96 mph) between Delhi-Agra stretch
- The first semi-high speed service of the Railways is considered to be a boon for tourists visiting the city of Taj Mahal
- The train will take a travel time of 100 minutes to cover 188 KM journey
- The Semi-High Speed train that proposes to reduce travelling time between Delhi and Agra to 105 minutes and will have LCD TVs installed behind each seat and Emergency Braking System.
- There are 14 new LHB AC coaches manufactured at Rail Coach Factory at Kapurthala for the train and expected to roll out by month end, said a senior Railway Ministry official
- While 12 coaches will be used for daily running
- An Executive Class ticket is planned to cost US$21
- Travel by AC Chair Car, will cost $11 (25% more than what the Shatabdi charges)
The Article Related Gatimaan Express on Dinamani Daily dated 03.04.2016